Thursday, July 30, 2015

Laurel Hardware Restaurant in West Hollywood






Top by Mean Girls. Skirt by Young, Fabulous, and Broke. Shoes by Steve Madden. Bag by Old Navy. 


It's so funny to think that when Laurel Hardware in West Hollywood first opened I would have never considered coming here given that it I had no idea it was even a restaurant. The outside appears to be a hardware store (and to no surprise it once was), however step inside and you find yourself in a modern, industrial, yet hip and chic looking space with a beautiful and serene patio. 

As you first enter the restaurant, white linen curtains and long farmhouse tables decorate the room, keep walking through and you will find a boisterous bar with hipsters and a young business crowd enjoying either a sit-down dinner or happy hour, or both. Finally you reach a tree adorned, dazzling, calm space outside (but don't be fooled because trying to get a reservation outside is anything but calming). 

As we were seated for dinner at a communal table, I cringed just a bit (I'm not a fan of people eavesdropping on my conversation) and regretted not making my reservation sooner. Seating chart let down, but I still have high hopes for the food. After reading through the rather short menu we decide to share the squash pizza; in Los Angeles we love pizza, just not the carbs and the fat. Now if we can only decide on a side salad... After noticing the amazing salad the strangers dining next to us have selected, and playing the guessing game, we finally asked them. "The Lollipop Sprouts," they politely replied. Umm, Laurel Hardware please think of a better name for this "Holy Grail of Salads" because I was about to fore go on a little piece of heaven due to it's disgusting name. Wow, this salad was sooooooo good (maybe I should add another o). It literally melted in my mouth, think of how good it tastes to eat desert but you're actually eating a healthy salad. The pizza was also a hit! 

Ladies and gentlemen, I am now in full understanding as to why this place is still a hot spot after several years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment