Monday, October 5, 2015

Tipple & Brine in Sherman Oaks, CA


T-shirt by Chaser. Shorts by Levi. Belt by Hardware. Bag by Aldo. Bracelet by Armani. Shoes are vintage. 







In high school, I had a friend who lived in Sherman Oaks. He threw the best parties because there really wasn't much else to do around the area. When his parents weren't home, we would reluctantly relocate to the Bowling Alley next to Jerry's Famous Deli (o the good ol' days). As I grew older and moved away to college, I returned to a completely different world. Sherman Oaks was actually hip! 
It is no secret, for the past few years several areas of LA have been developing rapidly into trendsetting areas which offer great restaurants and shopping. Sherman Oaks is one of them!

Over the past weekend, I visited Tipple & Brine, a new seafood joint in the Sherman Oaks area. Though the farmhouse chic decor has been done five ways from Sunday, I can't fault them for trying to hold in with the pack. The atmosphere was lively and the food fresh! Though a little daring, it was perfect for my palate. My motto is try everything once! I like how many dishes involved seafood into American favorites such as sea urchin toast, and seared calamari salad. Of course they also have your typical market fish and oysters; several options are non seafood, and include delicious entrees, salads, and sides. I tried the oysters, brussels sprouts, and sea urchin toast. Everything was scrumptious! 

The service was not perfect, but luckily we were too busy enjoying ourselves to care. If you come, request to sit by the window, and enjoy your meal while you people watch. Apparently there is life over the canyon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment