Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Anti-Aging Advice and Tips with Celebrity Esthetician Luba Shapiro!









Top by Timing. Skirt by Forever 21. Shoes by Zara. Bag by Aldo. 


As a 20 year veteran in the skincare industry, Luba Shapiro knows a thing or two about beautiful skin or at least how to get it there. Featured in numerous publications, she has treated celebrities as well as educated many young women and men on the importance and basics of healthy skin. With expertise in skincare treatment and technique, she is also a product knowledge expert. Here is some of her skincare advice to young women and men.

ATR: What is your advice for anti-aging care in your 20's vs. your 30's? 
Luba: In your 20's I would be more concerned with keeping your skin clean and fresh. You can use a little eye cream, but I wouldn't develop a rigorous routine just yet. In your 30's it is important to incorporate an anti-aging moisturizer and a potent eye cream. As for the strong treatments such as Botox and fillers, I would hold off until your 40's and 50's. Most importantly for both age groups, try and get regular facials and do not forget to take care of your skin at home. A healthy lifestyle and no smoking are also important rules to follow! 

ATR: What is a good age to start anti-aging and how do you start?
Luba: Late 20's is a good time to start. If you have dry skin then mid 20's are a good time to invest in a rich moisturizer. For oily skin, you could wait a little longer. Eye cream you can use at any age-- it wouldn't hurt. 

ATR: Do you have any favorite brands? 
Luba: There are a lot of products on the market right now. You can always ask for samples and see what works best for your skin type. 

ATR: What are some of the new and popular skincare treatments currently on the market?
Luba: People are trying a lot more dermatological treatments. It is not a bad idea to try these things in your 40's, but for young women and men I would not recommend this.  

ATR: What is your advice for young women and men who want to have beautiful skin like celebrities but cannot afford the same products? 
Luba: I always tell my clients it is very important to maintain and upkeep at home. If possible get regular facials, but if not try and do weekly exfoliation, daily cleansing, and keep up a healthy lifestyle at home. Speak to an esthetician or skincare expert regarding the best products for your skin and create a routine for yourself. 

ATR: What is your advice for people who live in California and Arizona and like to be in the sun? 
Luba: You have to be careful about how much time you spend in the sun. First, it causes wrinkles but most importantly too much sun is bad for the skin. However, I am one of those people that believes 10-15 minutes a day of sun is not a bad idea. A daily stroll outside gives you a nice glow and a dose of Vitamin D. Excessive sun is never good, and always put sunscreen on when on vacation or planning to spend a long period of time outside. Moderation is important to remember with sun exposure regardless of how much sunscreen you apply. 

ATR: How did you decided to become an esthetician? 
Luba: When I was 18 I had some problems with my skin-- mainly little bumps. Like many young women I always wanted to have healthy, glowing skin. This was many years ago in Ukraine, but I was able to find an esthetician who saved my skin! She did a lot of peels for me to be able to get rid of any breakouts, and she taught me what I have to do at home to be able to take care of it. Because of her, I now have beautiful skin. This was basically my inspiration. Her knowledge and the opportunity to help other people made me want to become an esthetician. 

ATR: What is your favorite part about your job? 
Luba: To help women look good and be happy about themselves and their skin. 

ATR: What is your least favorite part about your job?
Luba: I am lucky because I enjoy every aspect of my job. I love meeting people and educating them on skincare. My only advice to others is to find a work life balance, this is what helps me appreciate my job and stay enthusiastic about it. 

Luba currently works at "Ma Maison de Beaute," a fabulous skincare salon on the corner of Robertson Blvd. and Rosewood Ave. For those who are unfamiliar with Robertson Ave., it is a trendy street full of shops and restaurants in the heart of West Hollywood. A mecca of style and beauty, it is a popular hangout for celebrities and trendsetters as well their arch nemesis-- the paparazzi. 

Tucked away on Rosewood Ave. the salon appears to be a chic cottage one could find as inspiration on Pinterest. On the inside, it is filled with understated luxury and serenity likewise Pinterest worthy. It offers both skincare salon services as well cosmetic dermatology. Although I love all the ladies who work here, I can't thank Luba enough for keeping my skin absolutely flawless, and because she's my mom! 

2 comments:

  1. No wonder you have great skin! Its been instilled in you from the get go! Great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. esthetician antiaging
    Skincare is the range of practices that support skin integrity, enhance its appearance and relieve skin conditions. They can include nutrition, avoidance of excessive sun exposure and appropriate use of emollients

    ReplyDelete