Saturday, July 18, 2015

My Three Favorite Looks From The Week of 7/13/15

(style.com)

(style.com)

(style.com)


Despite my love for culottes and wide pants I promise I did not choose my three favorite looks from this weeks simply based on this factor. Normally I have a hard time selecting my three favorites from the multiple photos I come across, but this week was rather slim pickens. I do my research from recent fashion shows, parties, street style/blogs, and star style. I'm not sure if this week was a slow week for fashion, but when I came across all three of these looks I knew these were it!

In the first look, I not only love the wide pants and crop top on model Jayne Moore, but the color combo is on point (especially with the red purse). Many fashion books (or so called guides) will tell you not to combine black and navy blue, but personally I hate this supposed rule! In my opinion, it's a very chic combo!

I adore actress Gabrielle Union's revival of the 70's twin set. Absolutely gorgeous! By adding a sleeveless trench it brings a touch of high fashion and edge. More than likely this was styled for her, but the blue tones from her outfit with a jade purse work really well together. Most people would shy away from the multiple colors, but I feel like when some of the tones are muted (such as her pants and top), it is a definite do!

Sara Sampaio's look is an excellent take on the "little black" ensemble! The culottes with an oversized sleeveless blazer are great for the summer but also very rock and roll/hip. Granted I would not personally wear all black, I think it looks fabulous on her! A pop of color on the shoes, bag, or jewelry would be my take on the look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment