Saturday, August 22, 2015

An Exclusive Yet Inclusive Hotel in Beverly Hills (Pool Access Included!)







T-shirt by J Crew. Bathing Suit Top by Mara Hoffman. Bathing Suit Bottom by Vitamin A. 


I get that every possible hotel, restaurant, bar, and lounge on this side of the coast wants to be super exclusive, but what if I told you an urban oasis in the heart of Beverly Hills has found the balance between exclusive and inclusive. No, really-- I'm not kidding! The previous space of The Thompson Hotel in Beverly Hills has been remodeled and renamed the Sixty (Hotel). Huddled between some of the world's most expensive department stores like Neiman's and Sak's, not to mention a couple blocks away from the world renown Beverly Wilshire is one adorable underdog (and a serious contended for the boutique hotel market).

Of course I have seen the Sixty inching my way through traffic on Wilshire Blvd., but didn't think to do my research; that is until my boyfriend introduced me to this little gem a few days ago. This is not for the traditional, typical Beverly Hills of heart, this property is modern, minimal, and cheek-- a kind of new money Beverly Hills, meaning their style will appeal to a lot of app creators and Instagram veterans.

I'm feeling their style, and I'm not talking about their décor. They actually allow access to their rooftop pool even if you're not a hotel guest, a pretty rare thing amongst a breed of habitual "no's" and "cannots." So here's the skinny, take a mental health day on hump day, Uber it to the Sixty, and order one of their delicious cocktails. You'll feel like a million bucks without spending a million bucks. Don't forget to snap a few pics of the gorgeous LA/BH view to make your cube farm co-workers jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment