Sunday, August 23, 2015

My Three Favorite Looks From The Week of 8/17/15

(www.celebmafia.com)

(www.sarahsarna.com)

(www.luvtolook.net)
 
 
My first favorite look is from Actress Shay Mitchell, and sadly we don't see enough of her candids or red carpet looks. I can't comment on her acting ability as I don't watch "Pretty Little Liars," but hopefully she will stay on the circuit because girl got style (or an awesome stylist). Yes, the blazer as a dress has been done before, but this is a refreshing take-- white for summer time, a rockin' pattern (thanks to Versace), and the perfect belt! The simple metallic shoe was just the right fit for this outfit! Modern Cinderella moment!!!
 
The next two looks are from two separate blogs, and if I may mention will be added to my internet surfing rotation. The third look, especially, comes from a blog with a huge list of inspirational streetstyle! The selection was by pure chance but I realize the second photo is a great summer look, while the third reminds me of the beginning of fall. We here in LA do not experience much seasonal weather-- but we do throw on the occasional long sleeve for autumn.
 
The eyelet dress is so light and dainty; paired with the red checkered wedges makes it such a femine yet fashionable look. In my opinion, the length of the dress is just right, too long and it would look like a muumuu. Just so easy to throw on, yet looks polished. My suggestion when attempting a similar look is to keep the jewelry minimal and let all the prints and colors stand out.  
 
I picked the last look because it's classy yet edgy, which is my favorite style combo! The oversized white button down should be a staple for any woman's closet-- you can wear it as a cover-up, pair with some jeans, tuck it into a skirt, and the list goes on and on. The destroyed skinny jeans are a perfect pairing for the polished top, and the printed heels bring the whole look together. Add a couple key accessories, i.e. a handbag and some shades and you have yourself an easy breezy, cool outfit! From experience I recommend wearing heels when pairing an oversized top with jeans, it just keeps the look more refined rather than sloppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment