Sunday, August 16, 2015

Dinner and Drinks in Santa Monica (Yet, Again)







Faux Leather Leotard by American Apparel. Skirt by Young Fabolous & Broke. Button Down by Theory. Shoes by Zigi Soho. Bag by KC Jagger. 


My exploration of Santa Monica continues... The prior week while in the area we stumbled upon a sign for Salsa dancing lessons at Ma'kai on Ocean Ave. We set a plan to return the following week (I even put together a steamy dancing outfit). Having been to Ma'Kai in years prior I was familiar with the space and excited to revisit. Unfortunately and to my surprise, the restaurant/lounge has really dwindled. The clientele and ambiance reminded me of a college bar invaded by frat brothers. We didn't have a chance to order drinks before glasses started to break on the floor. Nothing was organized, it was crowded, and the music was rap, NOT SALSA! Lesson learned! 

We decided to walk (literally) across the street to Seasons 52 for dinner. Although I recently found out this restaurant is actually a chain I was pleasantly surprised at the sophistication and tastefulness of the decor. The food was also very fresh and and beautifully presented. The dessert display was my favorite! My boyfriend and I shared the "Lump Crab, Roasted Shrimp and Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms" appetizer, I had the "Maui Tuna Crunch" entree salad, while he had the steak. We also shared a pecan pie mousse for dessert. With dinner, I had a glass of rose while my boyfriend sipped on the "Pomegranate Margarita Martini." Everything was to our liking. The service was also very attentive! Apparently they are known for their flatbread, but sadly I cannot comment on this as we did not order any. 

Before heading home, we popped into The Bungalow Lounge down the street. Similarly to Ma'Kai, The Bungalow has been open for years but never seems lose to its cool and popularity. Without fail there is always a line on weekend nights, but because this was a Wednesday evening, there was no waiting involved. Ironically the place was pretty lively inside but not over crowded. I have always been a fan of their hippy and beachy decor, making Santa Monica the perfect home for this fun lounge; I really couldn't think of a better location! Having frequented this place on both a weeknight and weekend night, I suggest the first as weekends tend to attract a younger crowd and the best of luck waiting in line. Despite the possible (overdone) hype, I still enjoy this place and find it a great lounge in not only Santa Monica but LA in general. 

No comments:

Post a Comment