Saturday, August 8, 2015

A Night Out in Santa Monica










Dress by Forever 21. Cardigan by Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent. Shoes by Aldo. Bag is Vintage. 


One of the best parts about Los Angeles is it's practically impossible to run out of things to do or places to go. A few days ago, we decided to spend an evening in Santa Monica. We started the night with drinks and oysters at the "Water Grill." I had the "Pimm's Cup" cocktail which I unfortunately do not recommend-- way too sweet, and my boyfriend had the "Antidote"-- just the right amount of spicy and savory. We also shared the "Apple Cider" beer; now to be fair I never drink beer but this tough critic was certainly impressed. Although the "Naked Cowboy" oysters are the most popular unfortunately they were out so we were suggested the Kumamoto which were very good. 

Afterwards we took a stroll along the boardwalk and wandered into Pacific Park, a small oceanfront amusement park. I remember my parents taking my brother and I here when we were kids, but regardless of age this is a fun place to visit both as a tourist and a local. Of course we flocked to the Ferris wheel first for some Instgram-worthy photos as well as breathtaking views of the water. I must say this is a great date place, filled with nostalgia and lightheartedness! I recommend coming on a weekday or night because the lines tend to get along which makes the experience less than enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment