Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Exploring Larchmont Village in Silverlake, Los Angeles









Top by Converse. Leather Skirt by Sanctuary. Boots by Not Rated. Bag by KC Jagger. Belt by Hardware. 


Although I love Los Angeles and all it has to offer, I also appreciate areas of the city which make you think you are no longer in LA. The irony is beyond my grasp of understanding! The funny thing is there are many places which make you forget you are in one of the biggest cities in the world. Larchmont Village is one of them!

This little area in the heart of Silvelake is so cozy and dainty, it feels like you were teleported to some small town in Vermont (I also want to make it a point that I have never visited Vermont). This is my imagination at work! Dainty cafes and boutiques fill the street, while people actually walk and sip on coffee and snack on gluten-free scones (yes, we are steered back to the LA mentality). 

I recently read this quote on Instagram which said "I like to hang out with people that make me forget to look at my phone," this is true, but "I like to turn my 1-hour brunch into a 3-hour excursion with laughs and selfies." I may have just created the motto for my generation (kidding, I won't accept this much credit). Regardless, Larchmont Village really is a place where time is not of the essence. It's relaxing, serene, and most importantly just a short drive from central Los Angeles. The next time you're wanting to toss something at the guy that cut you off in traffic, just redirect yourself here! Buy yourself a decaf, non-fat latte and chill. Free therapy (well almost free, if you count that latte)!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment