Sunday, September 20, 2015

My Three Favorite Looks From The Week Of 9/14/15



(all images via www.vogue.com)

This week was the commencement of New York Fashion Week S/S 2016, and of course I had to celebrate in style (pun intended) by choosing my three favorite looks from the runway. The first two shots are from the Naeem Khan Spring/Summer 2016 collection. Truth be told if I could I would put every look from the show into this post, but sadly I have to keep it to task, as well as add some variety. I chose Julien Macdonald's Spring/Summer 2016 collection as the final selection.
 
Naeem Khan is by far my favorite designer of all time! His creativity and talent are clearly evident this season, frankly throughout his career for that matter. It also helps that the styling is completely on point! The silhouette, the colors, the accessories-- the workings of a masterpiece by a mastermind!
 
Though I am not a fan of the hair and make-up (it is a trend I am trying my best to avoid), I do love this piece by Julien Macdonald. The draping of this dress is beautifully done; considering the length is not ultra short, this makes the dress sexy instead of tacky. The boxy/relaxed fit is something we have come to love about summer dresses. I am also happy to see the lace up sandal will be around next year, because I am a huge fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment