Sunday, September 27, 2015

My Three Favorite Looks From The Week Of 9/21/15




(all images via www.vogue.com)


Fashion week continues... in Milan! I am head over heels for these three looks from Luisa Beccaria, Alberta Ferretti, and Salvatore Ferragamo, respectively! As we all know much of the fashion trends originate from Europe, so it's time to take note!
 
To be honest, I am not extremely familiar with the designer Luisa Beccaria but judging from this look and a preview of the S/S 2016 collection it is very similar to Philosophy. The styling is not my favorite, it reminds me of a cross between "ladies who lunch" and festival fashion, I do however love this dress! The deep v-cut and sheerness of the fabric is perfectly combined with a more conservative and dainty print. It's all about balance my friends! My final verdict-- You can be that lady that lunches or a festival goer and still look fabulous and age appropriate in this dress.
 
The styling of the second look is something I typically gravitate towards. It's minimal, yet the details are edgy and prevalent. A messy bun with statement earrings is total must in the summer, and frankly any season for that matter! The lace detail on the linen maxi dress is perfection! This what I mean by edgy-- the concept is simple but the look is perfectly "careless" it's genius!
 
Not all super heroes wear capes, but invest in one if you want to be a hero in the fashion world! Ivory cape over an ivory dress with a pop of color in the shoes-- how chic! I have also been seeing the "big pearl on a thin strand" necklaces everywhere! Beautiful encore by Salvatore Ferragamo!

No comments:

Post a Comment