Tuesday, August 25, 2015

AOC Wine Bar and Restaurant







Top by Lush. jeans by Forever 21. Shoes by Tracey Ross. Bag by Marciano.


As a neurotically punctual person I really hate to admit that I am super late to the AOC party. This wine bar/restaurant has been around for over 10 years and sadly this is my first visit! Granted when it first opened it's modern small plates and farm to table approach didn't receive the same praise as it does now. I guess I will use the excuse that 10 years ago I wasn't 21, and certainly culturally clueless. Fast forward to today, no stranger to tapas and a bit of a wine enthusiasts, I am happy I stumbled upon this place when searching for a parking space. O the joys of discovering LA, seriously do people come across restaurants like this in other cities? 

I noticed there to be a slightly more mature crowd, meaning late 30's and up, not to mention well dressed; even the hostess looked like she should be dining at this spot. Hence they also close earlier than similar counterparts-- we arrived around 10PM and by 11 they were winding down and many patrons had left. They have a fabulous selection of wines (not to the state the obvious) and various cheeses. My boyfriend also ordered the market fish which was delicious! My only con was service was a tad bit slower than usual, although very attentive. Make sure you're not in a rush when choosing to dine here! An old friend once told me slower service is synonymous with the LA culture-- and this place very much has that LA vibe, a mix of farmhouse chic and tinseltown glamour. Ask to sit in the garden if available, it will enhance the experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment