Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Dinner at La Dolce Vita (Dessert at the Peninsula Hotel) in Beverly Hills








Playsuit by Bebe. Shoes by Dune London. Bag by Marciano. Scarf is Vintage Cartier. Hat purchased at a Third Street Promenade (in Santa Monica) kiosk. 


This past weekend I decided to channel my inner French femme and take a leisurely pre dinner stroll around Beverly Hills. Mostly I was excited to wear my Cartier scarf which was gifted to me probably 10 years ago. When I started noticing the mini scarf around the neck trend coming alive, I immediately brought this cute accessory out to play! I had also recently purchased this fabulous hat, so it seemed only natural to combine the two for a very European look. 

Our friends recommended for us to try "La Dolce Vita" on Little Santa Monica Blvd. for delicious Italian food in a darling, intimate setting. First off, you can sneeze and walk by this place it's so hidden; of course this is also part of the appeal. The location on Wilshire Blvd. and Santa Monica Blvd. is not the most ideal, but in a strange way entering the restaurant kind of makes you feel "in the know" because it resembles a somewhat speak easy front. The inside is absolutely divine, reminiscent of an old-school Italian (or New York) hang out for the ridiculously important mobsters. We ordered the Vongole Oreganata (breaded baked clams), La Dolce Vita Famous Chopped Salad, and the Polpette Di Vitello (meatballs and spaghetti recommended by the waiter). We also tried a few of their specialty tequila cocktails. The food and drinks were good, but did not blow our socks off. The ambiance surely surpasses the cooking. Normally I would say we may have ordered the wrong thing, but considering the waiter recommended one of the dishes, I am inclined to say that is not the case. We decided to skip the dessert and walk a couple of blocks over to the Peninsula Hotel for a nightcap and some sweets. 

As luck would have it there was a piano player in the "Living Room," one of the dining areas of the hotel. We nestled ourselves right next to the entertainment and ordered Coffee with Baileys and their 15 layer Godiva chocolate cake (just thinking about it makes me salivate). Of course we were not disappointed! I don't have to stress the fact that the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hill is absolutely beautiful in both decor and dining. Normally when one thinks upon "hotel food" there is a negative connotation, however, the Peninsula with a doubt break this stereotype. I have visited this location for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks, and I have never been disappointed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment