Monday, August 31, 2015

Zanzibar Lounge in Santa Monica




Top by Chaser. Shorts by BCBG Max Azria. Shoes by Tracey Ross. Bag by Vince Camuto (link at the bottom of the page). 


I was literally catapulted back to the late 90's/early 00's this past Saturday when visiting Zanzibar in Santa Monica. I know EDM is all the rage in every club, but sometimes it feels good to actually listen to music you can dance to (not jump to). Nonstalgia was the theme of the night as the DJ spun tunes from my middle and high school days, and how good it felt to bring back my "Homecoming" dance moves. 

Although if rap and r&b are not your cup of tea or more appropriately cocktail of choice, this lounge varies music genres based on the day of the week, i.e. they offer Salsa lessons and dancing on Mondays (adding this to my iPhone calendar).  Though I had an absolute blast, I have to point out the decor of this place is extremely outdated or possibly just tasteless. Candles, tiki masks, and various tribal and cultural artifact thrown together with no real theme is a rather strange setting. Needless to say it attracts an eclectic crowd of all ages and walks of life. If you're just looking for a place to dance the night away like the good ol' days this is your spot, but don't expect much more than that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment